About Me

My photo
I recently moved back to my hometown of Vale, to live with my father who is 79. It's a small, high-desert town in Eastern Oregon, whose residents are sturdy, hard-working people with strong ties to family and deep roots in the land. Quiet and peaceful, it's a place where a man can take the time to know his own mind and bond with his dog.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

First Snow of the Season...

It was a delightful surprise to wake up this morning and find two inches of snow on the ground! The horses I feed are always happy to see me, but this morning they seemed even more excited for their morning hay feed.
While I was waiting for the water trough to fill I took a couple of pictures to share. The snow is nice and wet! Perfect for making snow balls! There's a couple of people I wish were here right now! I'ld surely take the opportunity to throw a big one at them and hope it hit them right in the neck, where it would run down the inside of their shirt! Makes me smile thinking about it! Bet you wonder if you're one of them. Bet you know if you are!

Dad's horse pasture is right at the edge of town. It looks out over the high desert. I enjoy the view very much. There's something special about snow. It cleans up everything and covers up the hand of man.

1 comment:

  1. I have fond memories of snow in Utah. Although I hated driving it I loved looking at how everything was so much more beautiful. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete