About Me

My photo
I recently moved back to my hometown of Vale, to live with my father who is 79. It's a small, high-desert town in Eastern Oregon, whose residents are sturdy, hard-working people with strong ties to family and deep roots in the land. Quiet and peaceful, it's a place where a man can take the time to know his own mind and bond with his dog.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

HOWL! O WEEN at Todd's...

I just spent a week with my brother Todd and his family in Albany, Oregon. It was my great pleasure to be there during Halloween. For Violeta, Fami, and Louie it would be their first Halloween in America. And I must say, it ran the gamut, from a Halloween Pumpkin Carving contest to visiting a haunted house, where someone, who I will not mention by name, wet their pants! I think the sound of the chainsaw had something to do with it but I'm not sure! A great time was had by everyone.

Todd and Atticus are so lucky to have such wonderful people join their family. Violeta, Fami and Louie are delightful people. I can hardly wait for the rest of the family to meet them when they all come to Vale for Thanksgiving. I believe we will have something like 35 people here. What a wonderful introduction to an American Thanksgiving this will be!

Please check out the Family portraits taken of Todd and his family to the left of this post. You can also check out the pumpkins created during our carving contest. Todd won the contest! I'm sure he bribed his kids for votes! I tried to register a formal complaint with the 'Pumpking Carving Association for Fairness' but they wouldn't let me fill out the paperwork. But if you check out the pumpkins in the slide show it is more than obvious that Todd's pumpkin is not the winner.

Todd's new home is beautiful. It's surrounded by pine trees and his property looks over the valley. I saw three does while I was there. Two of them were in his back yard one morning, one of them going to the bathroom in his garden!

Hope everyone had a frightful and wonderful Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment