About Me

My photo
I recently moved back to my hometown of Vale, to live with my father who is 79. It's a small, high-desert town in Eastern Oregon, whose residents are sturdy, hard-working people with strong ties to family and deep roots in the land. Quiet and peaceful, it's a place where a man can take the time to know his own mind and bond with his dog.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dog Wash!


Car wash, yes. But I've never heard of a Dog Wash. And would love to see a Cat Wash!

My niece, Santana, is a Cheer Leader at Vale High School. And today the Cheer Leaders had a fund raising event and it was a Dog Wash! I have never given Dakota a bath and didn't know how he would react so decided that I would take him to the Dog Wash and let them sort it out. I was the first customer of the day. I made sure I arrived early because I wanted my niece to do the honors, which she did beautifully. By the time they were finished shampooing, conditioning, cleaning ears, coat waxing, perfuming, and pedicuring, the line for Dog Wash was really quite long. Must have been six or eight dogs deep waiting for their turn. Of course I bought the super deluxe pamper special for $9. And because the girls did such a good job I also left a $1 tip. Lest you think I'm cheap, a 15% tip would have brought the total to $10.35 (so what if I was $.35 short of the 15% good manner tip). Still happens to be a good tip percent for Vale!

3 comments:

  1. You should have put him through the dishwasher! Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the looks of the pictures Dakota did remarkably well especially considering the fact it was his first "dogwash" experience. Beautiful dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks like he enjoyed the pampering.

    ReplyDelete