About Me

My photo
I recently moved back to my hometown of Vale, to live with my father who is 79. It's a small, high-desert town in Eastern Oregon, whose residents are sturdy, hard-working people with strong ties to family and deep roots in the land. Quiet and peaceful, it's a place where a man can take the time to know his own mind and bond with his dog.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Prey-Man's Thunder...

Prey-Man's Thunder by Patrick Braniff

My friend was born to fly
Through billowing clouds of sky-home.
And with wingtips stretched in freedom's search
Others joined
In the soaring brotherhood of life.
And all thinking the wing-flight
Would endure forever.

Then the Prey-Man's pointed thunder sparked
And mangled wing and fiery pain
Mixed with fearful screams of reason.
Yet my friend lived
Through the tumbling fall of darkness
Seeking to enjoy
The settling dusk of beloved sky-home
Until the thudded thump of impact
Brought blissful peace
And pain no more.

Life to life or life to death?
My friend still soars
And the Prey-Man's thunder
Speaks no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment